Saturday, February 10, 2007

Summer Reading :)

I really love the summer. I wasn't loving it a couple of weeks ago but I had my reasons. I had nothing to read! Even since I was younger, it's been my tradition to head to the library once or twice a fortnight and check out an armload of books to read. I hardly ever have time to fully devote myself to reading during the school year (except for text books) and the summer is my time to escape! I was out of luck because I don't think I can get a library card here in Australia so I just made due with RSS feeds (The link is a list of articles I've found interesting over the past month or so) I finally borrowed some books from a friend who moved back into the dorms and I've been off on my delayed summer reading ever since! I just finished the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown and I've started the prequel of sorts, Angels and Demons. While browsing for eBooks earlier today I stumbled across this site. It's Russian and it's got a loosely translated English section so be warned. What the site lacks in aesthetic properties it more than makes up for it in content! It has many popular books from authors ranging from fantasy greats RA Salvatore and JRR Tolkein to thrillers from Dan Brown and Robert Ludlum. It'd defiantly be worth checking out if you don't have access to these books and don't want to buy them. (yet)
Enjoy peoples!

1 comment:

Craig Carignan said...

Nice use of Google Reader. Remember RIF!