Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music I Enjoy

I really enjoy finding and listening to great new music from any genre. I love it all from Hip-hop to classical. I also love spreading the word about bands that I think are deserving. To that end I will be posting a video or song on this blog at least every other week but hopefully more.

The first artist on my list is M.I.A. She's a Sri Lankan visual and musical artist who is currently living in the UK. Her sound is a refreshing mixture of Hip-hop, Electro, and World Music with socially conscious lyrics written from a third world perspective.

Paper Planes from the Kala LP


As good as Kala is, I'm more in love with her first album. It's a lot more like Electro and was produced by Diplo. How could I not love it?

Bingo from the Arular LP



M.I.A. on Myspace

No comments: